Novelliere

My photo
Manila, Philippines
Just a manic 17-year old photographer(of sorts) from the Philippines running a photoblog(also of sorts) to pass the time.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

On reaching for your dreams.

I've never been much of a formal planner, by this I mean writing down plans and organizing my thoughts. I never liked writing on paper, doodling on paper or doing anything on paper because I believe I have no artistic skills at all. My handwriting is chicken feed and I am about as artistic as a snail...wait no, correction, snails can make pretty things with their slime. Maybe it would be better to say that my artistic skills rival that of a dead fly.

Where am I going with this? Well I never wrote down things (aside from notes because dammit if teachers let you type down notes in class) because I never liked my handwriting and I'm a person who likes to find excuses so I don't write things on my laptop either because 1 I don't have a tablet and 2, it takes too much brain capacity which I really lack in. I am a sloth. I am the queen of the chimpanzees, I look down upon you all and say "WHERE IS MY PEA SOUP!?!"

All this has lead to my brattiness...but wait! I am getting off topic!

Anyways, lately I've been trying to write down lists of things I need to do (homework wise) and I have found that it has really been helpful because I always forget what I need to do. I used to be such a smart-ass with 4538980 kabajillion megateramimosaterabytes of memory in my head. Sadly, I think all the spongebob squarepants episodes and kenan and kel late night reruns have taken over my memory because every time I'm about to take a test my mind either goes "Ohhhh here it goes!" or "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready." So lately i've been resorting to taking out my handy-dandy...post-it pad...thingy..!..? And just writting down my homework for the day in it. Now since I have a 4 hour free period on tuesdays and thursdays, I spend most of my time in the library doing all the homework I need to do. So far this has proved successful and I now have 2 perfect Math tests and an approved English research paer topic to show for it.

So I figure, why not take a step further? I've always wanted to be more organized. I'm the type of person who'se really obsessive compulsive once I get into things. I'm not a perfectionist per se, I just like finishing things once I start them. My room will be a mess 350 days in a year but once in a while, my room is really clean for atleast a day because I just wake up and decide to clean my room.

This is the part where I say please excuse all my babbling because I have no will-power and focus to get straight to the point.

The point: Realizing all this, I'm gonna make a little step to try and improve myself. I've been wallowing in self-pity lately because I see others move further with their dreams while I'm stuck nowhere. I'm now making a conscious decision to actually write down my goals and do them. Tomorrow I'll be commenting back on Flickr because I've missed commenting a lot (though not really, because I don't like being repetitive and always saying "Lovely photo!") and I miss seeing all the lovely photos of my contacts. I'm doing this among other things because even if I don't fulfill my dreams, no one can ever go up to me and say I never tried because so help me God I will push that bitch off a cliff.

I think this is a good start. I have new photoshoots coming soon, though not right now since my cousin has borrowed my 50mm which I am now nothing without because I've been so dependent on it's amazing light-capturing abilities as a result of it's low aperture. And I'm planning to restore an old project and start a new one with some friends. All of them will most probably be up next year. It's a slow start but atleast I'm getting somewhere.

I'm ending this blog now because for the life of me I don't wanna bore you all with my babbles. I really can't control myself, I'm sorry.

Here, have a pie.

Oops...I ate it. Sorry.

xoxo, gossip girl.

....what.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post! Great blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog and cute post

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cut Post !!!
    and nice Blog

    hughes

    serah

    http://serah-de-fashix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete